High School Scholarships

The high school Four-Year and Three-year Advanced Designee Scholarships are for high school students planning on attending a four-year college program. Contact your high school academic advisor or UNM Army ROTC for more information. Click here for more information.


  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Be between the ages of 17 and 26
  • Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
  • Have a high school diploma or equivalent
  • Have taken the ACT or SAT
  • Meet physical standards
  • Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)

Your Commitment

  • An eight-year service commitment with the Army.
  • Serve full time in the Army for four years and four years with the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR).
  • Selected Cadets may choose to serve part time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian careerApply

Apply Online For An Army ROTC High School Scholarship

If you are applying for a scholarship, you first will need to create a MY GOARMY account. Once you create an account, you will be sent to the MY GOARMY Log In page. Once you can successfully login to MY GOARMY, you can use your newly created account information to login to the scholarship application site .

College Student Scholarships

4 Year

The college Four-Year Scholarship is for high school students planning on attending a four-year college program. Contact us for more info.

3 Year

The three-year scholarship is available for students already enrolled in a college or university with three academic years remaining.

2 Year

The two-year scholarship is available for those who have two academic years of college remaining.

Enlisted soldiers

The Army Green to Gold program provides options for Soldiers interested in pursuing a baccalaureate or graduate degree and earning a commission as an Army Officer.

Click here for more information

Green to Gold Facebook page

Green to Gold Scholarship

Scholarships are awarded for two, three, or four years.


  • U.S. Citizen (non-waiverable)
  • Age - Be under 31 years of age on 31 December of the year you complete all requirements for a commission and a college baccalaureate degree. This is a statutory requirement and there are no waivers authorized.
  • Cannot have been convicted of a Domestic Violence Crime
  • Have a minimum of 2 years Active Duty as well as 3 months of Active Duty for every one month of specialized training (waiver can be requested)
  • GT score of 110 or greater
  • Pass the APFT within the last 6 months with score of 180 or higher, minimum of 60 points in each event
  • Be a High School Graduate or equivalent
  • Cumulative High School or College GPA of 2.5
  • Letter of Acceptance to School of Choice offering Army ROTC
  • Letter of Acceptance from the PMS of that Army ROTC Battalion
  • Favorable National Agency Check (or have initiated the action)
  • DODMERB Medical Qualification
  • Be eligible to Reenlist
  • Not be a conscientious objector
  • No more than 3 dependents including spouse (waiverable)

Green to Gold Two-Year Non-Scholarship

The Green to Gold Two-Year Non-Scholarship Option Program is available to Soldiers who have completed two years of college, and who can complete their college degree requirements in two years. Green to Gold Non-Scholarship Option members can also participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). As SMPs, Soldiers are members of either a drilling Reserve or Guard unit and ROTC. SMPs are entitled to Reserve Component pay of E-5 under this program.

Green to Gold Active Duty Option

Green to Gold Active Duty Scholarships-The Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program is a two-year program which provides eligible, Active Duty enlisted Soldiers an opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree and be commissioned as an Army officer upon receiving the appropriate degree. Soldiers selected to participate in this program will continue to receive their current pay and allowances while in the program (up to a maximum of 24 consecutive months). They will also receive normal PCS entitlements and, if eligible, may receive MGIB (Montgomery G.I. Bill) and ACF (Army College Fund) benefits.

Click Hereto get started with the application!

Miscellaneous Scholarships

GRFD-Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty

GRFD-Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) scholarships are available through the Army Reserve and Army National Guard for students that desire to participate in the Senior ROTC program. These scholarships guarantee that the student once graduated from school and commissioned in the U.S. Army must serve their obligation in the USAR or ARNG.

Army ROTC Nursing Program

At this time UNM Army ROTC has limited nursing scholarships.  We suggest that if you would like to attend school in New Mexico and wish to compete for a nursing scholarship that you contact NMSU Army ROTC  .

However, we do have opportunities for non-scholarship nursing students and line scholarship students to attend UNM's School of Nursing.  UNM Army ROTC has limited seats in the SON providing our cadet meets the entrance standards for the SON.    

If you are interested in becoming a nursing student, contact us for more info.